The Love Local Secret Santa Gift Exchange
The Gift Exchange is back! If you've never played before, here's how it works and the rules:
HOW IT WORKS:
- You sign up and agree to receive a random neighbor to shop locally for. Estimated spend is $30.
- On December 1, we will close "sign ups" and send you your assigned neighbor.
- You shop locally for them anytime between December 1 and December 14. You do NOT tell them who you are in this time.
- All together as a community, we deliver our gifts to our assigned neighbors on Friday, December 15. At that point, you introduce yourself and enjoy the fun.
- You post your photos of your gifts and supported local businesses on Facebook and/or Instagram.
RULES (please read carefully):
- You MUST shop locally. Even if your neighbor put things on their wishlist that cannot be purchased in Hermosa. This is the most important rule.
- Your delivery address MUST be in Hermosa Beach or within 1 mile of Hermosa Beach (we love our neighboring communities but please don't make it hard for a person to deliver to you).
- You MUST deliver or arrange for delivery on December 15, UNLESS you have coordinated with the Chamber on other plans.
- You DO NOT tell your neighbor that you've selected them. The time for the reveal is on delivery day.
- If you cannot deliver on delivery day, you may ask a friend or neighbor to deliver for you but you must coordinate that.
- If you sign up, YOU MUST participate or you will be sent a bill to pay for a gift for the neighbor. It's not fair if someone doesn't receive a gift.
- We recommend trying a new shop in town if it works for your neighbor's wishlist.
- We recommend telling the shop that you're shopping for the Gift Exchange (they love it).
- We recommend you physically add some pizzazz to your gift - make it fun! You want your neighbor to brag about their gift.