Thank you for your time and efforts to the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce. We are so excited to bring Hermosa Beach's first ever Locale 90254: Oktoberfest and we’re even more excited about your contributions to help make it run smoothly. Please review the information below, as well as peek at our official Oktoberfest website.
If you have any questions regarding staffing and volunteering, please email Millie at email@example.com.
- What: Locale 90254: Oktoberfest
- Where: Downtown Hermosa, specifically Hermosa Avenue (between 11th & 14th St) and Pier Plaza
- When: Saturday, September 30 & Sunday, October 1
- Beer Tents, Food, Entertainment: 11am - 6pm
- Carnival: 11am - 9pm (Sat) & 11am - 7pm (Sun)
- Why: because we want to try something new to bring foot traffic and local support to Hermosa Beach businesses during the off-season months
- How: Thanks to all the time and effort put by the Chamber, staff, and volunteers!
Oktoberfest Map Layout
Below you’ll see the layout for Locale 90254: Oktoberfest this year. It’s important you know where everything is so you know where you'll be working. All volunteers and staff will be checking in at the Chamber of Commerce located on 120 Pier Avenue (see Volunteer Check-In for more information).
Shift Point of Contact
There is a dedicated manager and/or main staff member for each section of Oktoberfest and based on which section you’re working, that manager will be your point of contact. See below for manager assignments and contact information.
If you don't remember your shift time, please contact Millie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hermosa North Beer Tent Manager
Golden Road Beer Tent Manager
Hermosa South Beer Tent Manager
Beer Ticket Sales & Admissions Manager
Merch & Info Booth Staff
Dir of Operations
Millie Martinez Stordeur
Shift Responsibilities & Training
All duties/responsibilities during your shift are simple and dependent on your area: greeting folks, selling Beer tickets, selling Carnival tickets, answering questions, etc... No task takes longer than 2 minutes to learn. Your manager will communicate your tasks once you arrive for your shift.
Those areas that require additional information will have a printed instruction sheet. Feel free to review the instruction sheets prior to your shift.
Code of Conduct
- Please do not drink alcohol during your shift especially if you are wearing a volunteer t-shirt.
- Be flexible. Please understand that we may change your volunteer role depending on the needs of the event. This is simply to ensure the event runs as smoothly as possible.
- Be courteous and appropriate. This isn't Fiesta where the Beer Garden is limited to 21+ folks. There will be kids and families enjoying all parts of Oktoberfest.
- Be patient. If you need help, ask. We're here to help! Your managers are there to take on the burden of emergencies, issues, etc... Just be mindful that this is our first Oktoberfest and there will be bumps along the way.
- Have fun!
Getting to Oktoberfest
- Dress comfortably (i.e. sneakers, gym shorts, leggings)
- Volunteer t-shirt (pick-up during check-in)
- Recommended: hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Please do not bring valuables. If you need to drop off your things, you can do so at the Chamber of Commerce at 120 Pier Avenue but we will not be held responsible for any missing items as there will be a lot of people coming in and out of the Chamber.
- Drink Pourer volunteers are encouraged to wear Oktoberfest gear (i.e. lederhosen, dirndl)
If you live in the area, we highly encourage walking or biking. Otherwise, we recommend ride sharing services like Uber & Lyft. If you need to drive and park your car, there are parking options listed below:
- Lot A (110 Hermosa Ave), Lot B (59 13th Ct), Lot C (1301 Hermosa Ave)
- 3-hour parking
- Rate: $2.50/hr
- Upper Pier
- 2 & 3-hour parking
- Rate: $2/hr
- City Hall Parking Lot (1315 Valley Dr)
- Hermosa Greenbelt/Clark Building Parking
- Community Center Parking Lot (710 Pier Avenue)
Volunteer & Staff Check-In
All volunteers/staff are to check-in at the Chamber of Commerce on 120 Pier Avenue about 10-15 minutes prior to the start of their first shift. From there, you'll receive your volunteer t-shirt*, a name badge and further instruction on where to go. Generally, you'll be directed to the section you're scheduled to work and guided to find the manager in charge. This way, we can confirm who showed up for their shift. If you are working multiple shifts throughout the weekend, it is not required for you to check-in every time (other than your first shift).
*Yes, you can pick up your volunteer t-shirt on Friday, September 29 at the Chamber (120 Pier Avenue), but you are still required to check-in for your first shift. We will notify you via email once the t-shirts are available.
Note: Hermosa Hermanos Volunteers are to also check-in at the Chamber of Commerce. You will be assigned your station based on the needs during that time.
If you would like, we will give you an admissions pass for the day you are volunteering so you can enjoy drinking in the beer tents. You must be 21+ to receive the admissions pass and you will still need to purchase drink tickets. You can pick up the admissions pass before or after your volunteer shift at the Chamber of Commerce (120 Pier Avenue) where you will be carded and wristbanded.
A gentle reminder that this is a fundraiser for our 501(3)c non-profit organization.
If you are a no show or cancel within 48 hours for any reason other than sickness, we will kindly ask you to not volunteer again. We depend on you.
For event day purposes, please contact your manager (see contact information above) should you have delays with your arrival, questions, or concerns.
Thank you and let's have fun!